Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Just got a new zine - The Manor

I've been getting into OSR style zines lately. When I hear of a new issue or a brand new one, it honestly can't get to me fast enough. Yesterday, my copy of The Manor arrived in the mail.

The Manor Issue #1

On the back of the envelope, Tim wrote a little blurb that I got the last issue of his first run. A nice personal touch. Upon opening this little gem, I quickly flipped through to see what it was like. I didn't like it at all. I LOVED IT! Some random encounter and item charts - loved 'em! Some quick adventures - loved 'em! I think what got me hooked was the good laugh I had when I read random shiny item #12 (I don't wanna give away too much - you'll have to get the zine to find out more!). Great artwork. Nice layout. Easy to read. Anyway, very cool and useful adventures to play a la cart or plop in the middle of a bigger campaign. I'm going to try to play one with my friend and his son this weekend. Even if you don't use any of the good stuff in there, just reading it got the ol' creative juices flowing. 

Well worth the couple of bucks. Can't wait for issue #2!

You can visit either of Tim's blogs, Gothridge Manor or Gothridge Manor Games for more info.

-Bob

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review and subscribing. I'll find that link that you ask for also.

    ReplyDelete