Friday, August 17, 2012

Dwarven Forge Catacombs Set

Well, they did it. Dwarven Forge has raised the bar with their gaming terrain sets and will be releasing their new Catacombs Set (not sure of the actual release date yet though). This set looks fantastic and has some way cool new features that other (past) sets of theirs don't have. There's no "official" picture of the pieces yet, but here's one that jls304 posted on the Dwarven Forge forum page. It's from the Dwarven Forge booth at GenCon:

Catacombs Set (from jls304 on the Dwarven Forge forums)

























I seriously can't wait to get my hands on this set. There's a brand new design for the floor tiles. The folks at DF have added electronic "flickering torch lights" using LED's in the corner pieces (given the size of the "flame", it looks more like a small forge or a brazier to me) and they've designed some freestanding walls that can be placed anywhere - even vertically on top of other walls to add depth to the rooms. Side note, as cool as the stackable wall idea is, I'm kinda bummed that they did this because this was an idea I had a long time ago and wanted to implement in one of my creations, but I just never had the time to do it.... oh well - I'll get over it! :)

Here's a short video clip of the set from Dwarven Forge:

No comments:

Post a Comment